The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Swap Spot (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Beauty Swap (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=2977)

justgreen September 3rd, 2012 11:03 AM

Beauty Swap

This is just in the forming stages, but we'll be working on a fun swap of some kind in the very near future. It will most definitely include nail polishes! Not sure what else, hair toys, maybe even handbags, jewelry, etc.

Don't forget that you can use the swap over here for lots of stuff, not just hair things.

*justy*
xoxo

darian moone September 9th, 2012 06:34 PM

How about eye shadow palettes and other makeup items? I used to sell Avon and bought loads of stuff to give as gifts that I never did give away. They are brand new, still in original packaging, unopened, etc. They are just not my colors. Or do you think Avon wouldn't be high end enough for a swap?

PrincessBob October 1st, 2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darian moone
How about eye shadow palettes and other makeup items? I used to sell Avon and bought loads of stuff to give as gifts that I never did give away. They are brand new, still in original packaging, unopened, etc. They are just not my colors. Or do you think Avon wouldn't be high end enough for a swap?

That sounds wonderful and totally in the spirit of the swap.

justgreen October 1st, 2012 03:30 PM

Sounds good to me! I wish someone with Mary Kay would speak up. I'd sure love to find some Angelfire cologne or some of those pink make up mirrors they used.

owlathena October 1st, 2012 09:28 PM

I'm in!

I've always wanted to do a swap/gift giving on LHC but haven't had the guts to get in on them yet. I really should. It would be fun!

strawberrygilliebean October 2nd, 2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darian moone
<snip> Or do you think Avon wouldn't be high end enough for a swap?

I'm one who believes that makeup doesn't always have to be high end to be good. Heck, plenty of beauty bloggers have a couple of cheapy drugstore products in their arsenal - particularly ELF stuff . I think Avon is a respectable brand, and one I'd be happy to receive in a swap.

I'm always in for earrings in a swap, too. :)

justgreen October 2nd, 2012 09:13 AM

I'm thinking we'll go by LHC's rep. So if you have a certain amount of posts/time over there, you'll be able to qualify for the swap. Does that sound fair?

LadyHeather October 2nd, 2012 09:37 AM

Now I wonder if I have enough time or posts, lol.

justgreen October 2nd, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyHeather
Now I wonder if I have enough time or posts, lol.

You goofy girl!:gurn:

strawberrygilliebean October 2nd, 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justgreen
I'm thinking we'll go by LHC's rep. So if you have a certain amount of posts/time over there, you'll be able to qualify for the swap. Does that sound fair?

But, with LHC down...HOW WILL WE KNOW???!!??? :insert goofy, sarcastic drama smilies here:

I think it's a good idea, actually...but are there people here who are active that aren't at LHC? Or, are you saying if we don't have a lot of time/posts here, then the LHC rep comes into play? :eureka: (eventually, I get things. hehehe)