The Beauty Bottle

The Beauty Bottle (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/index.php)
-   Hand, Foot & Nail Care (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Your new fix? (http://forums.thebeautybottle.com/showthread.php?t=3281)

Kaydana January 3rd, 2013 07:09 AM

Ended up with even more after another trip to another set of cheap stores round where my family live. Makes me almost glad I live somewhere where stuff's kinda expensive, because when I can get nail polish that cheap I have no self control.

Got a really gorgeous dark blue, a spare black, two glitters and a sheer neutral one. The sheer neutral is motivation to start doing my nails properly and actually wear a base coat because I can't wear it until I've sorted out the staining on my nails.

Back home now, so no more nail shopping for me for a while... just got frankenjelly creation to look forward to! :D

Kelli Kat January 3rd, 2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia
Kaydana - Lol yeah if i had left my relatives house id have done the same soooo many beauty shops in san diego.

Kelli Kat - Ohhh post pics if you take any i hear raves about it but none of the pics ive seen have been stunners so i figure i must be missing something.....hope to see them irl soon.



I've worn three of them already and I'll probably do the last one tonight, maybe tomorrow. I love them, although I have to say the pictures I've seen and my own pictures don't do them the justice they deserve. There are pics and reviews on my blog.

Natalia January 4th, 2013 02:32 AM

kaydana - Your making me itch to check out our three 99 cent type stores in town. Been to the one near me not too long ago no polish at all and they usually have revlon. Only been to the dollar tree one and ive been wanting to go back to check for np ever since.

kelli kat - thank you i'll check out your blog is it on here, lhc, or web? Good to know they are more of a stunner in person i have to remember to hit the salon when i have time to check it out in the bottle.

Kaydana January 4th, 2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia
kaydana - Your making me itch to check out our three 99 cent type stores in town. Been to the one near me not too long ago no polish at all and they usually have revlon. Only been to the dollar tree one and ive been wanting to go back to check for np ever since.


You really should. Most of my favourite polishes came from pound shops. They tend to be brands that are just a bit too expensive for me to consider normally (I don't like to spend more than a fiver on a bottle of polish because I just can't guarantee I'll wear it often enough to justify the price) and while most of the colours aren't ones I like, there's always at least one gem hidden amongst them!

Kelli Kat January 4th, 2013 10:35 PM

I just picked up all six of the new China Glaze Tranzitions. These are matte polishes that turn colors when you put a top coat on.

Natalia - I'm sorry, I forgot that the link to my blog isn't in my sig here like it is at LHC. Its http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com

I just posted a review and pic of the last of my liquid sand polishes and some pictures of the Tranzition polishes.

Natalia January 4th, 2013 11:47 PM

Thank kelli kat :). I thought about getting those tranzitions i love the idea but it isnt practical for me since i top coat every other day to protect with those i can only top coat the designs. Very cool though. Soon i'll have most of the cg holiday joy collection.

Kaydana January 5th, 2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia
Thank kelli kat :). I thought about getting those tranzitions i love the idea but it isnt practical for me since i top coat every other day to protect with those i can only top coat the designs. Very cool though. Soon i'll have most of the cg holiday joy collection.


I have the same problem with that type of polish. They need to develop a top coat for them that doesn't change the colour, or just have a specific top coat that does change the colour so normal top coats don't. As they are the second colour looks raised (as is typical of nail art before a top coat) which I don't like, I like my nail art to look nice and smooth.

Natalia January 6th, 2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaydana
I have the same problem with that type of polish. They need to develop a top coat for them that doesn't change the colour, or just have a specific top coat that does change the colour so normal top coats don't. As they are the second colour looks raised (as is typical of nail art before a top coat) which I don't like, I like my nail art to look nice and smooth.


Agreed! Lol but then id likely be annoyed to have to buy another polish to make it work :p. I finally managed to pick up SH Lustre shine lava :D. Saw it months ago the week it was released but i wasnt going to spend that much with no reviews out on it. Well by the time the reviews came out that color (the strongest duo effect in the bunch) sold out in a hurry and i havent found it in stock since till today.

Its not mac bad fairy but its a cousin and im a sucker for the duo/multichromes :).

Kaydana January 7th, 2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalia
Agreed! Lol but then id likely be annoyed to have to buy another polish to make it work :p. I finally managed to pick up SH Lustre shine lava :D. Saw it months ago the week it was released but i wasnt going to spend that much with no reviews out on it. Well by the time the reviews came out that color (the strongest duo effect in the bunch) sold out in a hurry and i havent found it in stock since till today.

Its not mac bad fairy but its a cousin and im a sucker for the duo/multichromes :).


Yay! You finally have it! Feels like we need a celebration, seems you've been searching for it forever.

I picked up Max Factor Fantasy Fire today. Shifts from pinky-purple to blue... the long way round! It's soooo gorgeous.

Natalia January 7th, 2013 04:01 PM

:D i agree we need a polish party :dance: ! The first time i saw it was end of october last year been looking for it ever since. Ohhhhh i envy you and your max factor its very hard to find here but that might be because were a pretty small town. Only place ive seen it was on ebay and it was pricey! Congrats :) i found a place that had some oztotics on sale but they were still over 10usd so im debating but it reminds me of fantasy fire.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin.
© 2015 The Beauty Bottle, LLC